After a few years of teaching middle and high school English Language Arts I realized that my interests were in the areas of reading comprehension, redefining literacy for the 21st century, engaging reluctant readers, engendering lifelong literacy, and being an instructional leader. I wanted to take my learning to the next level and I knew that the TLDL masters program was available but I thought it was out of the question for someone who was not a teacher-librarian. A friend of mine, who is a TL, gave my head a shake and told me to just go for it. So, I started my first course as a “wannabee” teacher librarian. This is my third TLDL course, but my first officially as a teacher-librarian. I am currently working in a K-8 school as a half time teacher-librarian, and half time middle years teacher in the Saskatoon Public School Division. I love reading YA books and I keep up with my reading by being on our Saskatchewan Young Readers' Choice provincial book awards selection committee. I am also on the executive of our Saskatchewan School Library Association where I am the co- editor of our online journal. In my spare time I like to spend time with my amazing husband, family and friends. I am very excited to explore and analyze a wide-variety of web 2.0 tools with all of you this term.

"...in my spare time..." after reading all that you do, you actually have some? =) Love the blog Tamzen. Congrats on the TL position.
ReplyDeleteJacqui (The Web Wanderer)